This page is the temporary site for the EPSRC funded Levitation for Advanced Quantum Technologies Network (LeviNet).
Network chair: Dr. James Millen
Join the mailing list here: LeviNet
Join the Slack Workspace here: LeviNet
Follow us on Twitter: @LevitationNet
Please contact James if you would like to apply for any of the committee positions listed below, sending a CV and a statement about how you believe you could contribute (2 paragraphs), or if you would like any further information.
We welcome applications from Early Career Researchers, as long as you can dedicate at least one year to the position.
Management Committee (MC) Positions
The MC will be made up of the four positions listed below and the network chair. The MC will meet every 3 months, and will have administrative support. The network lasts for 3 years, and we expect MC members to hold their post for at least 1 year.
Closing date: 31/03/2022
This MC position will shape and manage LeviNet’s communication strategy, with administrative support. We welcome applications from early career researchers.
- Develop communication strategy
- Assist with design of website and mailing list
- Be responsible for social media accounts
- Assist with advertising events
- Gather information for twice-yearly community newsletter
- Assist with management of the network-wide Slack workgroup
This MC position will develop governance around how our funding is awarded to network members, with administrative support. We welcome applications from early career researchers.
- Develop mechanisms for inclusive allocation of funds
- Develop mechanisms to advertise funding opportunities widely, to support a range of career stages
- Manage calls for members to host Workshops, with support
- Manage calls for members to undertake Scientific Missions into other research groups
- Assist in the award of the right to host the end-of-network conference
- Support and advise members in infrastructure for hybrid working and networking
Network Growth & Legacy
This MC position will identify potential new members for LeviNet, new areas of growth, and the legacy of the network. We welcome applications from early career researchers.
- Identify potential new international members
- Identify potential new areas of growth (both by topic, and geographical location)
- Develop a creative strategy to ensure the legacy of the network beyond LeviNet
- Develop a creative strategy for documenting the activities of the network
This MC position will be responsible for managing our ties with industry
- Collect information from network members on their industrial collaborations
- Identify potential industrial partners
- Ensure all workshops and conferences have training for engagement with industry
- Facilitate networking between network members and industry
- Assist in the the organization of industry exhibitions at conferences